Six of Crows

Six of Crows

by Leigh Bardugo

5 out of 5

Synopsis
Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:

Break into the notorious Ice Court
(a military stronghold that has never been breached)

Retrieve a hostage
(who could unleash magical havoc on the world)

Survive long enough to collect his reward
(and spend it)

Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done - and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they just might be unstoppable - if they don't kill each other first.



Review
Despite his youth, Kaz has quickly become a legend to his gang, and a monster to his enemies. Now he is about to attempt a heist that will go down in history...

I really enjoyed this book. I know, I'm horribly behind the masses with this story.
I bought it as a Christmas present to myself (as you do), and I intended to only read it after I finished working on a project. It's been sitting there, staring at me, and needless to say the project has been neglected and Six of Crows has been read.

This story follows a group of six late-teens in a fantasy world. They each have their own skills that make them invaluable to the heist, but to say their personalities clash would be an understatement.
Their leader is Kaz, a ruthless young man who is the brains of the operation.
When a dangerous (but ridiculously well-paid) job comes along, Kaz gathers his elite team from the gutters of the city, and even from behind bars.

This was a lot of fun, as you follow the plans, hidden plans, double-crossing and triple-crossing of the players in this book.
It felt like Ocean's Eleven in a fantasy setting, as Kaz and co head north to a land of ice, where magic is forbidden.

The only downside for me, was the very obvious change of tone, when one of the main character's background was filled in.
I have to say, I was rolling my eyes at the info-dumps; but reading it quickly all the same, because I wanted to find out more about said characters.

I would definitely recommend this book. Now I just have to finish my project before I allow myself to get Crooked Kingdom... Or maybe I could accidentally get it this weekend...

Goodreads
Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Demon Made Me Do It - Indie Love Blog Hop

Trick or Treat Book Blog Hop

Birthday Bash