Witch-Hunter sneak peak

Hello, lovely readers. As some of may have seen, I recently shared a snippet from my work-in-progress on Facebook. It only seems fair that I share it here, too!

Those familiar with the Witch-Hunter trilogy will already know about the incorrigible James Bennett.
For new readers, I am very excited to introduce you to one of my all-time favourite characters!



James Bennett is a Yorkshire lad, excited to be moving to Oxford to start university. There are the highs of a new best friend, and playing rugby; and lows of having to put up with a git of a roommate, and failing to impress a new love-interest.
All perfectly normal drama, until Hallowe'en.
A girl's murder throws James into the dangerous world of witches, and those that hunt them.


    James went outside, the cool air a refreshing experience under his skirt. Ignoring the wolf whistles of some guys dressed as zombies, he headed over to Hunter, who stood, scrolling through his phone. 

    "Y'know, when you moved in, I thought you were being an arse to me 'cos you were some sort of snob, an' I wasn't good enough to share the same air as you." James called out, "Now I realise you're just a dick to everyone, it's a miracle you've got any friends." 
    Hunter's head shot up from his phone screen, and he glared at James. "I don't remember asking your opinion. And I'm not going to take the advice of a guy in a sunflower dress." 

    "Oh, sunflowers... I was tryin' to work out what-" James broke off, looking back at Hunter. "Never mind that, are you gonna come in and make an effort to be human?" 

    Hunter snorted at his question, and glanced at his phone again. "It's nearly midnight, I've got somewhere to go. And James, if you value your sanity, you'll mind your own bloody business."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Demon Made Me Do It - Indie Love Blog Hop

Trick or Treat Book Blog Hop

Markie Madden Interview