If I Say No

If I Say No Say Something #2)

by Brandy Jellum

4 out of 5

Synopsis
Reid Harder thought his life was seemingly perfect. He had the woman he loved and nothing could go wrong. The only exception comes in the form of his brother—Rhett.

Set on revenge, his brother will stop at nothing to make Reid pay for his past mistakes. Teaming up with the FBI, Reid is determined to put an end to his brother once and for all. But sometimes, fate has other plans in store. His relationship with Liza is falling apart, enemies become friends, and family becomes his worst nightmare. With the future unknown, Reid must figure out a way to make amends with his past if he wants to move forward with his future.



Review
The second book in the Say Something series.  Despite recently being caught up in a psycho's revenge, Reid has come away more sure of what he wants.  He wants to marry the woman he loves, and most of all, he wants to put their broken pasts behind them.  But things don't run smoothly, as Reid's troubled brother Rhett decides it's time to make him pay.

I loved the first book If I Say Yes (I'll try not to give away any spoilers!), and If I Say No picks up with Reid and Liza engaged, and going through the trial of the person that tried to kill them.

This second instalment is Reid's POV, which was nice to see inside his head, especially as he starts to question what he thought had happened in his past etc.  I did think that, after being immersed in the world of Liza in book one, she was absent a lot from book two.  Oh, she's there, in the background, pissed off and refusing to speak to Reid directly for a good chunk.  I just felt like I missed her, and she was now The Fiancee.

What I did love was the dynamic between Reid and Eli, Liza's best friend (and challenger for her heart).  They were great together and really made me smile!

Whereas the plot in If I Say Yes was much more of a who-dunnit and followed Liza's attempts to keep the anonymous threat hidden from anyone that could interfere (or, you know, help); the second book is a larger affair, with FBI, witness protection, and the very possible chance of something blowing up!  I think it was nice, they were both good, solid plots, with enough to tie them together as part of the series, but enough to make them different and hold their own.

Overall, an enjoyable read.  I look forward to more from Brandy Jellum!

Goodreads link
Amazon.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Demon Made Me Do It - Indie Love Blog Hop

Trick or Treat Book Blog Hop

Trick-or-Treat Book Blog Hop